728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    Thursday, October 29, 2015

    #Celebrity vibes: [ Teraji P Henson AKA Cookie Lyon explains why she played that part in Empire and the impacts in her career]

    Taraji P. Henson opened up about her role as Cookie Lyon in Fox show, Empire. According to her, she wasn’t initially comfortable with the role because it was a risk of her career. But going by “What Doesn’t Kill You Make You Stronger,” Henson had to accept the role which finally turned out good for her.
    araji P. Henson has half the world sitting at the edge of their seats as they watch her play Cookie Lyon in the hugely popular Fox show, Empire. And yet, many would find it surprising that her dazzling performance on the show only happened because of one peculiar reason: she loves taking risks.
    Henson was among many stars who attended the first ever Entertainment Weekly EW Fest that was held at the Samsung Studio in Soho, New York. While there the 45 year old actress took the time to talk about her recent role.
    One particular statement she made caught everyone off guard: Henson said the only reason she took the part in Empire was because she thought there was a chance it could ruin her career. Yes, you read it right… ruin it and not boost it.
    She said that at the moment when she had to decide, whether or not to take the part, she had thought, “This could kill my career”.
    “I only choose projects that scare the sh!+ out of me because I know – in some way – it’s going to change me.”
    Henson who had been working on the theater stage at the time was hesitant about returning to the world of TV.
    “Television to me always felt like a caged little box,” she said. “By that I mean, to me, it always felt like a genre for the writers. I’m like a true artist, I need to be free. Don’t cage me. Let me breathe. Art is supposed to be free. “
    But, in the end, she did wind up loving her character – so much so that she called Cookie Lyon her alter ego. Henson said, “She’s my Sasha Fierce.”
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: #Celebrity vibes: [ Teraji P Henson AKA Cookie Lyon explains why she played that part in Empire and the impacts in her career] Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Ace
    Scroll to Top