728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    Friday, June 5, 2015

    Andrea Pirlo says he could head off for a career-ending stint in another country if he wins the Champions League


    Andrea Pirlo says he could head off for a career-ending stint in another country if he wins the Champions League with Juventus on Saturday, with a period in MLS a real possibility.
    The Italy midfielder, who already has two Champions League medals under his belt from his 10-year spell with AC Milan, will line up for the Bianconeri against Barcelona in Berlin in this season's showpiece.
    But Pirlo admits it may be his final act in European football if he gets his hands on the prized trophy for a third time.
    "If we win it I might move abroad because Juventus will be my last team in Italy," Pirlo said in quotes appearing in the Times of India. "MLS could be an idea, but for the moment I don't have any thoughts about it; Juve is the only thing on my mind.
    "But I won't stop playing, I'll go on as long as I have the same great desire to keep training every day."
    The 36-year-old might have plenty of experience, having also made 119 appearances for Italy during his storied career, but he insists that games like Saturday's are an entirely new prospect even to him.
    "This is my fourth final, but it doesn't matter. Such a final is always a unique and special game, and it's always different," he added. "We all at Juve know what we have to do. Barcelona are favourites, but anything can happen in football.
    "I know what it is like to win a Champions League final, but I also know what it is like to lose one. The loss in Istanbul against Liverpool in 2005 is not just one of the worst feelings in my career, but in my life.
    "I will think about that before Saturday, and I will use that feeling as an inspiration because I never want to feel like that after a game again.
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Andrea Pirlo says he could head off for a career-ending stint in another country if he wins the Champions League Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Ace
    Scroll to Top